Value proposition design is based on understanding your market and responding to its needs. The videos below will introduce you to common problems in value proposition design, and introduce the tools used to address those problems for a startup or innovation.
Mini-lectures on key commercialization topics:
- High-profile failures in customer discovery (e.g. WebVan, WOW chips)
- The disconnect between academic and commercial goals
- Product-market fit - the market decides what is a "good" product
The lean startup model is a tool designed to bound uncertainty in the entrepreneurial environment, without spending a ton of money. The goal is to use tools like the value proposition canvas to match what you do with what a customer needs.
The Midwest I-Corps Node (MWIN) presents the critical questions for creating a business case (below) and the steps needed to answer them through customer discovery.
- What value am I providing to whom?
- Do I have a viable business?
- Do I have an appropriate return on investment (ROI) for the project?